Veterans United (Last Updated: December 4th, 2012)
Below, you will find details about our privacy policies. You have the opportunity to choose how your information may be shared. Your privacy matters to us, and we recognize the importance of keeping your information secure.
1. We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information. We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information, which is why our site has been verified by Geotrust. You may view our Geotrust certificate and security verification information on the loan form. We use procedures and technology designed to provide the highest levels of security. Any information submitted on our site is protected with 128 Bit SSL Encryption. Veterans United also uses Firewalls to help protect your information. Firewalls are set up at several different levels of our website, including between your computer and the webserver, the database servers, or other internal production networks. These "Firewalls" along with Geotrust and Hackersafe are designed to protect our customer's information from potential hackers or others who may be wishing to access your sensitive information. Only authorized employees have the ability to access your private information, and they may only do so when helping serve your needs. We understand that online customers must be assured that their information will be kept secure, but understand that no systems are completely secure and we can not guarantee that your information will remain safe. You, as a consumer, should always safeguard your information and protect yourself from potential identity fraud. Rest assured that Veterans United has done everything in its power to protect your privacy.
2. The customer information we collect is used to meet your financial needs. This information may be used to process your loan request and inform you of financial services that may be of interest. We may use this information to contact you through e-mail, direct mail, or telephone. This information may also be used to provide you with a high level of customer support and to better improve our website.
3. We may share your information with outside parties in order to provide you with your requested assistance with a mortgage. Any outside parties that may be used may have their own privacy policies depicting how they may use your personal information.
4. Veterans United reserves the right to share contact and/or personal information with trusted third-party affiliates at anytime. These affiliates can include, but are not limited to, Veterans United Realty and MilitaryHomes.com. This information is disclosed via electronic post or email and is only shared with qualified employees.
5. Veterans United collects anonymous information which includes, but is not limited to, your IP address, referral data, and which pages you visit while at our site. This information is used to better accommodate and serve our visitors, but it is kept confidential and not disclosed to third-party affiliates. We constantly review and improve our site based on the information our visitors provide. Veterans United uses "cookies" throughout our site to improve your experience and help us understand what our visitors' needs. A cookie is a small text file that contains your anonymous information. That information is transferred from a Web site to your computer's hard drive, so the site administrator can identify your computer and passively track its activities on the Web site.
A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personally identifiable information, such as your real name and address, which you would not have disclosed otherwise. We use this information to help us find errors on our site and determine a page's popularity so we can add more information to it, as well as to assist us in providing you the best resource for VA loans on the Web.
6. We share information with lenders and real estate professionals. After they receive your information, they may contact you directly via phone or email. You may be contacted by, but not limited to, our partner company Veterans United Reality. All of our affiliates operate under federal and/or state laws and regulations. Our lenders and real estate professionals may keep and use your information whether or not you qualify for a transaction with them.
7. As a result of submitting your telephone number, and your lead request, you may receive a telephone call from a VA approved lender. This lender may contact you directly by phone and/or e-mail as a result of your request, even if you are on a Do Not Call List. In most cases, you will be contacted by Mortgage Research Center (MRC). In the event the MRC staff is unable to contact you, your information may be forwarded to another VA approved lender. Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you by calling us at 800-405-6682.
8. You may choose what information you provide us with. There is certain information that you may choose not to disclose to us, but this may affect your ability to use certain features of our website completely. We encourage our customer's to disclose all pertinent information so we can provide a high level of customer service and offer the right products to our customers.
9. Federal and state laws require us to hold completed loan qualification forms for various amounts of time. In order to satisfy these laws, we may be unable to delete certain information from our database.
10.Site visitors who complete our pre-qualification form have 'opted-in' to a series of newsletters sent periodically by Veterans United. These newsletters are sent as a complimentary service and contain information on VA benefits and may contain commercial offers from our trusted partners. If you wish to opt-out of these newsletters, or any further communication from Veterans United, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11.Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to access this site or use or services.
12.We may have to disclose personal information to law enforcement or government agencies. This information will be disclosed as a result from a subpoena, court order, to exercise our legal rights, to protect our company or employees from threats or fraud, to protect us from legal claims, or as required by law. We may raise or waive any legal rights available to us. This information might also be disclosed in the event of a merger, sale of the company, asset sale, or the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Call 800-405-6682 to speak to a representative and request that we do not share certain personal information pertaining to your loan request. You have no obligation by submitting a request. However, once you have submitted your information online, it may not be retracted. You will be contacted as a result of submitting a request on our site.
Call 800-405-6682 to speak with a VA specialist.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY LENDER